- Try to limit to three words or less. Use one or two words if possible. Remove most prepositions and articles (a, an, the).
Examples: Cancel, Close, Create, Delete, Edit, Learn more, Review, Save, Study, View scores, etc.
- Use sentence case.
- Capitalize proper nouns.
- Use specific action-oriented text for CTAs.
Examples: Add student, Create account, Create new project, Go to Dashboard, Reset password, Send reset link, Sign in, etc.
Be sure to:
- Check for consistent use across the UI.
- Reserve enough space for translation to other languages.
- Avoid excessive use of exclamation points (!).
- Use icons.
- Use punctuation.
- Write “Click here.”